Thursday, March 4, 2021

The Ordinary Life

 I am reminded that Jesus called his followers while they were in the midst of their ordinary, routine, and maybe boring lives.  Hmmm.  I seem to go on the attitude that if I have this extraordinary prayer life, God will contact me, like I am so open.  And when I am busy with stuff, the mundane, God won’t bother.  Or I am too busy to notice God.  Well, I have it all wrong.  God is in the ordinary.  Will I be open to this?  Guess not.  So, I won’t give up my meditation times, but I have to expand my awareness energy in the mundane.  This means the ego, which is all about accomplishments and success in tasks, needs to not be so central.  While I am accomplishing things, I need to be open to something new, an insight, an energy for new direction, God Power.  How to do that?  I don’t have the answer.  I guess it is surrender time inside and outside my active prayer life.  Not easy, but necessary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment