Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Washing Machine

Like many people, I have what has been called a washing machine brain.  When you look into the window of a machine as it washes your clothes, things are all jumbled up, spinning around or clouded with soap and water.  It is a metaphor for my head at times.  I am all jumbled up with thoughts, spinning around, clouded by anxiety, fear, confusion, all jumbled together.  I used to have a solution for that washing machine brain, but eventually it only made things worse.  Washing machines are noisy, just like my head can be.  Meditation, helps to put my noisy, jumbled brain on pause, and the spinning to stop.  Things seem to empty out, quiet down, and peace takes over.  I try for a daily pause or two.  I can also pause if I do one task at a time and ask for spiritual help, that I do the best I can, but that the results are not up to me.  I try to  slow myself down in that I do not try to do too much all at once.  Then anxiety and washing machine brain set in.  I don't want to return to old solutions that never worked.  And you know what happens when you overload a washing machine.  A big mess happens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment