Saturday, March 13, 2021

Serenity

 There is a prayer that starts out with something like, “Accept what we cannot change.”  Well, one thing I cannot change is being me.  When I am serene, at peace, I am accepting me.  What I mean is thatI don’t fantasize about being someone I am not, more cool, more “in” with the trendy popular, more famous and so on.  On the other hand, I can work at becoming a better me, but not a different me.  Becoming a better me is a lot of work on a daily basis with backsliding on behavior, attitude and bondage to the self that drags me down to craziness.  But my spiritual program works at this each day both in meditation, reading and action with others.  It is OK not to be important, but not OK to make others feel they are not important or worth my time.  

1 comment: