Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Anonymous

 I see on FB where people say "my name is" and then they say what they did.  They did a god deed and want people to know about them and the deed.  But I am more impressed by a story I read in the Bible about a woman, nameless, who did a good deed.  She anointed Jesus as if she knew that he was going to die soon and need anointing for his burial as was the custom.  She too did a good deed, but made no effort for anyone to know her name.  The FB person is forgotten in a blink, but this nameless woman's deed is remembered centuries later.  I would prefer that my good deeds be done and I remain anonymous.  It is the good action rather than the person who did it that changes the world.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Father Ryan - it reminds me of the writing, Just for Today.
    It reads in part,
    Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out, if anybody knows of it, it will not count.
    I read that in it's entirety every morning along with your blog. They just make my heart, happy as do you. Hugs across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete