Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Demons

Some of us have a lot of jumbled thoughts stacked one on another that give us no peace.  We can be restless, irritable and discontented.  No serenity.  Left to our own devices,  we at best will work on some messy thought that quickly comes to mind.  It is probably a top of the pile thought.  Self-healing, we don't get much peace if any.  So think of these jumbled thoughts, feelings, messy stuff as piled one on another like a tower.  How do you bring down the tower?  Go to the foundation, the thought at the base of it all.  We cannot do this alone.  So this is why I try for a deepening mediation, with a quality silence and solitude.  The quiet deepens as I stop paying attention to my thoughts, all of which are part of the tower.  I wait.  I believe there is a power in my life, not me, that can and will pull out that base thought upon which all the others depend.  I need courage to do this because if the base thought is revealed to me, it might be tough for me to accept and process it.  But then there can come peace.  Desperation can engender a lot of courage.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Father Ryan. It is brilliant in its honesty, courage and faith all braided together. I will meditate on this, more than once I am sure. Thank you for always speaking to my heart and I always hold you in mine. With love and gratitude across the miles. XO

    ReplyDelete