Monday, March 15, 2021

Ides

 I think that today is called the Ides of March.  Anyway it is the middle of March and we up here at 8,000 feet altitude see a problem for our ranch.  Temperatures began to show 40 degree days in late January.  We need snow in March, lots of it, but it cannot snow if it is too warm.  Rain is nice, but we need that snow to fall and sit on the fields in late Winter and early Spring and then soak in.  I noticed that other places whose weather I follow have had rather mild winters.  We pray for lots of snow up here and there is still time.  But time is getting thin.  What is the Ides of March all about anyway?  

2 comments:

  1. Ides of March is today the 15th. The date goes back to Roman times and was the date of the assassination of Julius Cesar - a turning point in Roman history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father Terry,
    I am Mary Tagliola's sister. As you know, she passed away almost 18 months ago. She often sent me musings of yours. I miss her terribly, and I know she thought the world of you. So, here I am now enjoying your musings, as she did. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete