Saturday, March 20, 2021

Actions

When I think about doing something good and useful, I still have not done anything but think about it.  I need outside help, a spiritual Power other than me to get me to act on my thinking.   And when I act, my thinking might change.  Action is what makes for change, hopefully for the better.  Example: I think and then do something for another person or persons, that I think is helpful and will make them happy.  Only to find out that my action messed up some plans that they had.  Lesson learned: I need to check in with others, work as a team, rather than act unilaterally in my good-deedness.  There is often more to be learned by action than simply by thinking about something and doing nothing.  Even if you mess up in trying to do good, you learn something.  My blogs are often written about something I think about doing, but it is just a blog until I act on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment