Thursday, March 11, 2021

Seed

If you have done any planting you may have noticed that a very small seed can grow a lot of something much bigger than that small seed.  But the seed needs to be planted in good soil and sometimes less than good soil.  A good metaphor for small things.  Do you ever think that you are doing too little? Are not sure of the results of your small effort?  Think of the seed.  I do.  Instead of discouraging myself into doing nothing, I say that what I do is like planting a seed.  I may never know the results, but there will be no results if I do nothing.  So I try to do a good, small thing, such as this blog.  Cyberspace is the soil.  I will never know how much good the blog did, but I did my part.  I wrote and posted it.  So don't get down on yourself that you do too little.  Do something that is good and let it be.  Don't compare and contrast with others.  We all have our gifts, and mine are few, but I try to use what I have.  If we try to do what is beyond us, or try to please someone else, or deal with guilt, ego and shame, eventually we will do less or do nothing.  A lot of people doing a little seed planting will make a difference.  So start with you and a small act of love and care.    

1 comment:

  1. Most, probably all need to hear this. I know that I do. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete