Monday, March 8, 2021

Balance

I teach mysticism, and contemplative prayer.  Not many people are interested in this, especially in my Church.  So I don't get invites to go talk to congregations.  Yet I think what I do is important because it give a balance to a church that is quite institutional, and focuses on doctrine, rules, structure, power and authority.   Mysticism is  not much like that at all.  So keep that in mind if you belong to a group, spiritual, corporate, social.  If you find yourself interested in a "niche" of what they do, or have forgot to do, don't expect a lot of spotlight or interest.  But to keep your sense of purpose or value intact, think of what you do as being a "balance."  Just because the majority ignore or don't value you, does not make what you do unimportant.  It helps me.  Anyone reading these blogs?    

12 comments:

  1. Every morning.
    Neal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always. Thank you, Father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're my spiritual "morning coffee"! Thanks, Fr. Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to it every morning! :) You're a treasure and so is your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are showering the universe with unconditional love thru your blog I am across the pond but always love reading your inspirational words
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete