Sunday, March 21, 2021

My Reality

 Some people say that their reality is the sum of past events, things that matter of fact happened.  But in many cases I don't think that this is true.  Rather our reality is the stories we tell ourselves.  So and so was a bad person and did thus and so to me.  Therefore, I am what I am because of that.  There is often two sides to any event if not three or four sides.  We tell ourselves what we want and then move on.  What have we learned from our self-story telling?  Often, not the truth.  What to do?  Well, I try to get a second opinion, an unbiased opinion.  Alcoholics are always telling themselves why they got drunk.  Until they realize the truth that they are alcoholics.  Telling ourselves stories can become addictive.  it makes us feel better, until it doesn't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment