Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Community

Yesterday was my birthday, and the monks decided to give me a birthday party today, Monday.  It was a lovely lunch and I even baked the petrale sole fish.  Chocolate cake to die for and lots of good things to eat that are healthy for everyone.  Someone is in touch with my sister Jane and she sent the monastery pictures of me and our family from over the years.  I knew nothing about it, but the pictures were spread out on the dining tables at each place setting.  It engendered lots of conversation about my life.  Everyone wanted to know who was Maureen, my big sis I always talked about in homilies.  No matte how I say rotten things about her, everyone loves her.  Go figure.  Anyhow, we sat for a long time talking.  No one got up to leave. The monks got to know more about my life, past history, my family.  It was a wonderful time and is one more indication of how this has become a real community for me, and not just a place where I live for convenience or work or assignment.  I am truly blessed.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time for your birthday, even the day after!

    ReplyDelete