Monday, March 22, 2021

Whose Plan?

I have found that "prayer and meditation" are not the same thing. Generally, from what I know, people who "pray" are talking to their Deity, Power, God, cosmic whatever.   I find that when I am doing this talking prayer it is all about my agenda.  I am talking.  I am not listening.  I might drop in a few words of gratitude, but move on to asking for help that I do something good for me and for others.  And I have an agenda for the day of how this is going to all work out.  Talking prayer is mostly about my plans, good as they may be or seem to be.  Mediation is when I listen to a second opinion or a second plan, and for me that would be God's plan for me this day.  I may want to do wonderful things but without listening, it will be my ego that will direct my day.  I have had days when I have done good things, as I saw them, but then discovered that they did not turn out quite as I expected or planned.  What happened? Most often I did talking  prayers but no meditation.  Life on my terms is generally a disaster.  

No comments:

Post a Comment