Monday, February 22, 2021

Meaning

 Would you rather die old or young?  Sooner rather than later?  Most of us would say we would rather live a long life.  But I heard it said, “I would rather die young with a life crammed with meaning than old with a life without meaning.”  Well there you have it.  Instead of trying to hang on longer why not ask if you can cram more meaning into your life?  Does my life have meaning?  On my better days, when it is not all about me, I think it does have meaning.  Like what?  The lives I touch are better for it because of the way I am in their presence.  Now I admit I don’t touch many lives.  I live in a monastery with a few monks.  And I have a couple of blog readers.  I teach to a few on Zoom.  It is not the number of people whose life I touch or with whom I cross paths.  It is what happens when we do touch.  Judgment or acceptance?  If only one person reads this blog I want it to help that one person today to be a better person.  It is not the many things we do, but how we do them in connection with others.  Daily life is filled with significance.  Did anyone read this?

6 comments:

  1. Today and almost every day. Your blogs and zooms are an inspiration and light along the path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. I enjoy reading your blogs! Always well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and I look forward to reading every one of your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You touch more people than you know, even if we don’t message “Like” every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With your grace and unconditional love you shower on me on a daily basis only the universe knows how much you giving Thank you for your presence in my journey
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete