Saturday, February 13, 2021

Intention

 Do you live an intentional life, or one that serves the whims of others?  To live an intentional life I think I have to know who I am rather than who someone wants me to be for their agenda.  If I am occasionally going to live at the whim of another, it would be good for me to admit it, accept it, for the moment, but not make it a habit, or delude myself that this is the real me.  This does not include things like house chores that are part of life and few of us relish.  I mean the ways that we give in for the sake of peace, but it is not very peaceful inside the heart.  Or the way we try to make other people happy who cannot make themselves happy.  It can get tricky.  The spiritual life of quiet prayer and self-examination, in radical honesty helps me to stay the course.  

No comments:

Post a Comment