Friday, January 1, 2021

Post Christmas

 On this day, the first of the new 2021 year, I am thinking not of resolutions, but of the task of taking down our Christmas tree that I helped put up several weeks ago.  It is fun, though a lot of work, to put up the tree.  You see an empty space become full with tree, lights, garland and decorations.  But to take down the tree at the monastery is to take something beautiful apart, branch by branch and string of lights by string of lights, pack it all away in an orderly fashion and then see the empty space where earlier there was a tree.  I wonder who will help me with this task which adds no beauty to a room and says that the Season is at an end?  No wonder my church calls the Season after Christmas, "Ordinary Time."  If Volunteers are scarce, I guess I will have to say, "Live and let live."  Or else have a long resentment list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment