Thursday, December 31, 2020

NewYear's Eve

 Well, if you are going to make a resolution it might be that you don't live in a bubble in 2021.  Routines yes, bubbles no.  Mary, the mother of Jesus lived in routines, but was open to change when something unusual or different came up.  I wish there was a holy card that was real about Mary.  The ones I see, when the angel comes to announce Jesus is coming, show her in her Sabbath best outfit, reading a bible and not a bead of sweat on her head.  A real Jewish girl in small town Nazareth, lower class income would not be doing that as a routine.  Mary would have been cleaning, sewing, shopping, cooking, washing and such.  I don't doubt that she read her bible and prayed like other girls, but it makes prayer be the only time God can interrupt your life.  "I am going to pray now God, so you can come and do your thing."  I like the idea of God interrupting Mary in her household routines.  It shows she can stop and ponder, ask questions and then give an answer.  She is not stuck in a bubble.  Anyhow, that is 2021 resolution for me, to be open to change and not get stuck in a rut.  

No comments:

Post a Comment