Saturday, December 12, 2020

Solitude

 The difference between loneliness and solitude is that when I am in solitude, I never feel alone, nor uncomfortable.  Many people avoid solitude because they mix it up with loneliness, and thus they feel lonely and uncomfortable.  I have been blessed with solitude being the answer to my loneliness.  Not everyone is so blessed, or makes this connection.  I have walked down a corridor and suddenly felt lonely.  I then went into the chapel and sat, alone, and the loneliness seeped away.  This has been the case as long as I can recall.  Many people don’t even know they are lonely or won’t admit to it.  It might make them feel like a loser.  Such people seek activity, busyness, projects, noise, chatter in groups, or some addictive substance.  Been there, did that.  When with people, I have gotten over the impulse to talk a lot, in order to feel I fit in.  I can just be with, be part of and that is enough.  Covid does limit interaction.  See how things go after the vaccine comes around to me and to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment