Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas

This Christmas I am giving thanks to God for the unexpected which is in keeping with the unexpected event of God the Baby in the manger.  Covid is a mess of course, but because of it I ended up at this monastery for the long stay.  I had thought about staying here more, but never did it.  I was too busy with "my ministry."  I was traveling about from church to church and rectory to rectory.  Then it all ended and I finally did what I probably would not have done on my own.  So the 2020 stay at the monastery is unexpected but also a grace, just like God the baby in the manger.  Now Jesus grew up and did fantastic things.  I have no such plans.  I am just taking it one grace-filled day at a time.  I hope that today can be a grace-filled day for you, maybe with some unexpected things to expand your horizons.  You are not alone. Somebody loves you. Me!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, Father Ryan. Each morning, I start my day off in grace by reading your incredible and from the heart blog... it's the best and so are you. With love, hugs and gratitude across the miles. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fr. Terry for your faithful words each day. It is a part of my morning. Have a Happy, Healthy Holy Christmas.
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete