Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve

I am thinking of the baby Jesus as many of us do at this time of year.  An infant is taking its first breathes outside the womb.  According to the bible, the very first breath was taken by Adam in Genesis and the Garden of paradise.  He got that breath from The First Breath.  So all the way down to me, each breath that I take is a breath of The First Breath, the breath of the Creator of all this stuff I see in the night sky universe.  So how do I use this breath that is so freely given and is supposed to be so sacred?  Do I breathe fury, anger, unkind words of judgment, either muttering to myself or criticizing others?  Do I breathe quietly with my mouth closed while I listen with compassion to the pain, suffering, anxiety, or woundedness in others?  Do I spend anytime each day, with a quiet breath in meditation?  Well, now that I realize that my breathing is a gift to me, I want to use it as a gift to that First Breath, and then to others in relationship.  Oh, and leave something out for Santa.  It is a busy night for Santa, I hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment