Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Don't Judge

 Recently I mixed a batter of bread dough and kneaded it, let it rise and noticed that it rose quite fast.  Oh well, whatever.  I let it rise again and it rose even faster.  i tried to pound it down, but it seemed to stay, massive.  I put the bowl of dough into the refrigerator to get some more flavor.  Disaster struck.  I got a message that the bread dough was overflowing the bowl, oozing down the shelves and onto the refrigerator floor.  What a mess.  I took the bowl out with the dough flowing down the outside of the bowl.  I cleaned up the refrigerator and decided that this thing IS Alive!  A MONSTER.  I felt like Doctor Frankenstein.  i decided to bake this bread before it messed up anything else.  I said to myself, "I am a worthless monk.  I cannot do anything right."  I figured the bread, a French Loaf, would turn out to be mediocre if anything.  There was still so much dough left, in spite of all that had spilled, I filled three baking trays and one bowl.  I had to bake it forever to get it to bake fully.  It turned out to be the best French Bread I had made so far.  Never judge, especially yourself.  Baking is an art, and one is never fully in control.  

2 comments:

  1. "There are no mistakes, just happy accidents." Bob Ross

    Here's another quote from him that is less known, "When I was little. I didn't know I had any talent. I believe talent is just a pursued interest. Anybody can do what I do."
    Bob Ross

    You're an inspiration to me now just as he was with my drawing growing up. Thanks for being you and wish I had that recipe...yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It said 2 ounces of yeast not 2 cups. lol

    ReplyDelete