Monday, December 21, 2020

Little By Little

 Well, my Christmas is approaching.  I thought that I would be in better spiritual shape than I am.  I could dwell on this and just have a bad day of self-reproach, which is often false pride disguised.  Instead, I look at myself and see that I am not as bad as I used to be.  I am not what I once used to be on a regular basis of self-centeredness and resentment.  I complain less.  I am more accepting of others.  I find pleasure in a winter day that used to be too cold, too dreary, too sunless, too much darkness.  As the famous quote goes, “I am not what I want a to be, but I am not what I used to be.”  Enjoy the hidden progress.  

2 comments:

  1. Persistent little by little we progress in our journey of unconditional love and gratitude
    Have a pleasant journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this and I love how you share your heart - thank you for being you and enriching my journey on a daily basis. :) Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! With love and gratitude across the miles XO

    ReplyDelete