Sunday, December 6, 2020

Daily Response

 I try to ask myself each morning what I can do to be helpful to someone else today?  Why?  Well, I have come to realize that I cannot change the flawed people with whom I live and associate.   Trying to change such people only leads to resentment, muttering, and frustration.  I am supposed to love them.  But rather then ask what love is in such a situation of reality, I just try to be of some service, be helpful and not critical.  This is good for me.  The second thing that comes out of this being helpful attitude is that it keeps me in today.  I cannot be helpful yesterday or tomorrow.  Those days do not exist.  I only have today.  So I baked challah yesterday, whole wheat today and tomorrow will be rye bread.  They don't deserve it of course, but  I enjoy  the sense of being useful.  Hopefully, this blog is helpful to you too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment