Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Let Go

I meet people who say that they believe in God, but they simply won't let go of their agenda, plans, programs for happiness, and let God take the wheel, or the reins in this season of reindeer.  The phrase I sometimes hear is "Let go and let God."  If your faith is only in the existence of a God, or faith in a dogma, so you can feel good about belonging the the correct church/ synagogue/temple/ashram/mosque or whatever, I don't think it is much of a faith that would change you for the better.  It would not be for me anyway.  For me, God is Love.  I trust Love has my back and knows what I need.  I don't always know what I need.  My ego and fears get in the way.  So with a splash or at times an ocean of humility, my will might surge up and I will surrender to Love.  Each day at this monastery I have to once again dive into this ocean of humility and let go.  "Let God" is kinda nice when you get the hang of it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment