Sunday, January 17, 2021

Littleness

 I sometimes have this nagging desire to be adored.  Unfortunately, this connects me with some leaders of countries who let this desire run rampant in their actions and reactions.  So I have to be careful when I tend to judge and condemn them, ignoring that I have this tendency at times.  What to do?  I need to work on loving my littleness, as someone said.  If it was OK for God in the baby Jesus, as Christians are supposed to believe, then why is it not OK for me?  Littleness is not the same as unimportance.  Jesus was important to Mary and Joseph as a little baby.  He needed to rely on others.  My littleness says that I need to rely on others too.  So I work on community, that is others in relationship of mutual support, and I work on prayer, the surrender prayer that says, “I need help.”  I have better days this way.  

1 comment:

  1. Omg, you are so REAL!!! I love it! Thank you for making our humanity so ok.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete