Saturday, January 2, 2021

Prayer Scarf

There are serendipitous times when God reminds me that my blogs are helping people. Way back when, in Pre-Covid Times,  I walked into a meeting in Boulder and took an empty seat in the room.  A young lady sat next to me.  I did not think I knew her, nor her me.  But then she told me that she reads my blogs and benefits very much by their content.  Wow!  That picked up my drooping spirts.  I had not been thinking about being useful moments before that.  Now fast forward many months into Covid, I am living at a monastery, and Christmas is near.  I received a package in the mail.  Christmas wrapped inside the package was a very big knit scarf, very big.  With it came a card from this same young lady reminding me of how much she benefitted from my blogs.  I decided to use the scarf as prayer shawl so that when I go to meditate, I will say a prayer for her and for me that we are continue to be a light in the world.  I will keep blogging. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Father Ryan, for being you and sharing your heart. Who knew that by finding courage to just let you know how I felt would make a little difference in your day? I sure didn't. Your generous blog this morning humbles me to think I may be a little light at times in this world. I'm so happy I decided to be brave and I hope you know that you are always in my prayers too. As always, thanks for your blog and being a part of my journey. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also benefit from your faithful morning blog. Thank you and blessing to you through 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete