Friday, July 16, 2021

Chaos

 I try not to let stress and chaos rule my life.  I can be busy doing things, but if it is who I am then there is less stress and chaos.  If I try to do things to please others, not being me, but who someone else wants me to be then stress and chaos follows.  I am denying who I am.  Example:  this morning I baked loaves of homemade bread and cooked our midday dinner of fish and such.  Busy yes, but not stressful, because it is me the baker and the fish maker.  I am of service doing what I like to do and do well.  Now when I try to be someone else, doing something for someone so that they will like me, or get off my back, or out of guilt, then there is usually stress and chaos.  Think about doing what you love that is within your possibilities.  I would love to run a sub 4:00 minute mile but that is not possible.  No doubt there are situations in which you do for others that is not really you, and it will be stressful. But if I try to minimize those situations, and focus on what “gives me life,”. I find I am in the good zone.  Being busy is not my problem.  Trying to be who I am not is my problem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment