Saturday, July 3, 2021

Growth

 Did we grow, expand or deepen ourselves during Covid times?  What seems to be heard in the media is that people cannot wait to get back to work on a more full-time basis, and to get back to being entertained by sports, the arts, movies and so on.  It is as if we are only about work and being entertained.  We either make something or we consume it.  I find this a bit narrow for me.  Covid provided me a time to do a lot of reading, exploring the inner self, learning new things, or as is popularly said, “expanding my horizons.”  For me, if space is empty in my day, I don’t mind.  I can fill it with learning, reading, or simply reflecting. Empty is not always bad.  The one thing I did miss in this pandemic, is that I really did not meet any new people, in relationship.  I don’t count doctor visits in this category.  And if I can now meet new people, what is new about me worth meeting?  A good question for us all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment