Thursday, July 15, 2021

Me

 Sometimes I have said that, “everything in my life is going wrong.”  I want to blame people, places, situations, timing, and even the weather.  What I really ought to say, upon reflection is that everything that went wrong was not part of my plans.  “Wrong” means that my plans are not working out.  But there is more.  If I take an inventory of all these ‘wrong” happenings, I find that there is one common denominator in every situation.  ME.  I am present at work, home, shopping, driving, socializing, and just taking a walk.  So maybe I might be part of the problem?  And the problem with me is so often attitude.  I respond to all of the above with negativity and no gratitude.  Stuff happens.  My plans are simply my plans and no one else’s.  So I try to align myself each day with a Power, my God, who has my back.  This calls for trust on my part.  Life has limitations.  I try to work within them and leave the rest up to God.  

1 comment: