Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Shoe Fits

 When the shoe fits you forget the foot.  This is a Tao saying and we know it to be true.  I had skin surgery to the side of my foot back in January.  While it was healing, ever so slowly, whatever footwear I tried, I always thought about the foot because the shoe and the dressing/bandage/wound rubbed against one another.  Finally, I healed enough that I could actually put on a footwear, and voila!  I did not think about my foot.  Prayer is like having the shoe that fits.  There is a prayer, where, I don’t even think about partying.  Meditation is good, but it is not Tao.  In meditation I am self-conscious of meditating, or method, even when I am not focused on thoughts. I have a goal when meditating.  But the deepest prayer is when I drop the goal, such as good or bad and end up going about my day in prayer but not thinking about praying.  Yes, this is rare, but it is non-judgmental, without a goal.  And I seem to have a balance beyond good and bad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment