Thursday, September 8, 2022

Action

 I used to say, “I need to do this,” or “I don’t need to do this.”  Based on that I act only because I needed to do it for me.  My small world was how any action I did affected me or was in my interest.  Lots of procrastination in such things as cleaning, organizing, attending events, meetings, and such.  Gradually, something began to change with a spiritual path to it.  I began to say, “I may not think I need it, but maybe someone else does.”  So I began to act for the sake of others, even if I did not think I needed it for myself.  If you live with others, the cleaning and organizing might need this new attitude and timely action.  If you are committed to a group for one reason or another, as in regular gatherings, you might attend for their sake.  When I do something for others, I find out that “I really needed to do that for myself as well!”  

1 comment: