Saturday, September 3, 2022

Silence

What is silence?  No sound or noise?  In part, but that is only silence to the ears.  Not talking is silence of the tongue.  But the silence I speak about and seek is a silence of the heart.  No inner rumblings or thoughts that await some sound to make themselves known audibly, to the ear of others.  Nature practices this silence of the heart.  Yes, nature has a heart and it speaks especially in silence.  This inner silence is devoid of sounds, but not of life or presence.  I am most one with myself and nature when I hear the silence in my heart.  In cities and big towns there can be so much noise.  You hardly notice nature or even your deeper self.  I hear the silence when I am most still in body and mind.  Some of the best communication is done without words.  Prayer is a matter of listening.  Talking and thinking are most often just distractions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment