Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Never Give Up

Evil never gives up.  If it does not defeat me today, it will go at me tomorrow or soon enough.  So I can never give up the relentless effort to avoid evil winning out.  The battlefield  is my faults, bad habits, inclinations to mess up, laziness (sloth), false pride and just the inability to remember my imperfections are not in the past.  The good thing I did yesterday for my wellbeing was a good thing for yesterday. No resting on yesterday since evil is relentless.  I too must be relentless.  Some days, I have self-pity.  I don't want to make the effort to be happy.  "I am ok," I tell myself.  "I don't have the time or the energy to practice a fit spiritual condition, much less a physical one," I tell myself.  Bingo!  Evil wins and I will know it within a short time.  And others will know it sooner than I will!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Father Ryan. For your heart, wisdom and for choosing to share them, it only strengthens my sobriety and life with a fuller awareness. I am so grateful. ❤️

    ReplyDelete