Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Taste Buds

Just like the tongue, the heart has taste buds too.  Many people have no sense of a spiritual dimension to life.  Life is all about stuff of the five senses, and what the mind can comprehend.  This is a narrow view because the heart has not been fed and spiritual food to awaken it, or feed it.  When the heart tastes the spiral dimension of prayer, surrendering love in service to others, in art, music, dance, a beautiful nature scene, we begin to "see" what was hidden from us, or denied by us.  I don't try so much to find God each day, but rather to feed the taste buds of my heart.  I have a better view of the day when I do this early as a daily practice.   

2 comments:

  1. I thank God for my five senses every day and this puts a new twist on how I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love children and people. I love volunteering. I met 2 wonderful ladies yesterday. Today I teach Religious education to the 3rd and 4th graders. I have been teaching Religious education for 27 years. I love it

    ReplyDelete