Monday, September 19, 2022

The Unexpected

 Before Covid came along, and then the Russian invasion of Ukraine, many of us thought that we had "enough" of whatever we needed to live comfortably.  That is, we had our health and could afford our groceries and fuel for cars and homes.  Then stuff happened.  Stuff is that thing never foreseen or planned.  It seems to show up just when we think we have found a solution to our economic or health lifestyle.  So I have stopped trying to defeat the unexpected.  I am grateful that I have what I have for today.  I don't think of the future as worse or better, but rather as different from the present and I have no control over the unexpected.  I do what I can for what I know.  I am grateful for the day and for what I do have.  And humble enough to know I am in need of living life on life's terms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment