Sunday, September 11, 2022

Live For Others

Someone said, "I would die for them."  The person who said this was expressing love for others, but was not loving themselves, that is, they were not taking care of themselves.   This person was ruining their health with bad behavior while dually trying to care for their family.  Rather than dying for others, would it not be better to "live for others?"  I used to try and be dutiful while not taking proper care of me and my health.  Then I found I could not do both.  So I began to take better care of myself, which made me less available time wise for others.  The surprise is that others liked me much better when I took care of me.  Then I gave them quality care and not just an absent presence.  

3 comments:

  1. I have found this transition to work wonders in my life too. Each day is better when I take the time to meditate and talk to God in the early mornings daily. My family and friends most definitely agree - even strangers benefit even if they might not realize it. ❤️ Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good I should look in the mirror

    ReplyDelete