Saturday, September 17, 2022

Stuff Happens

 I try to plan my day to accomplish some things.  But once I get in my car I enter into the world of government road crew work.  I have learned to accept this and look on the positive side.  Example: I left early before daylight, to drive from the Denver area (Boulder) to the Monastery along highway 70 West.  My plan had a timeframe.  It assumed a non-reality, a road crew free highway.  Out the window, went my time frame.  Major work was being done in the middle of the night around the Continental Divide.  I came to a dead stop, turned off my engine, and sat.  I did not get upset at my plans going off kilter.  I was traveling with gratitude.  I began to list the gratitude I had for several things.  The highway is smooth because the government budgets to work on it.  There was no accident or fender bender in our group of vehicles.  And there are a lot of trucks, delivery trucks, because so many people, like me, order stuff online now.  And so on.  It became a stress free ride.  Gratitude makes a good companion in travels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment