Monday, January 8, 2024

Barbary Coast Rain

 It is many years since I was in San Francisco for Winter days.  One of the experiences that come with a Winter visit is the rain.  It does not shower for a few minutes and move on.  It can rain off and on for a couple of days.  You cannot complain about the rain since you chose to be here at the rainy time.  California has its seasons.  It is the same with the spiritual life.  It is what it is and has its patterns.  It does not give you what you want when you want it.  At first I would stay inside during the rain.  Then I said, “It will continue to rain.”  I will not stay inside.  I will walk in the rain with my raincoat on and a protective hat.   And shopped!  One learns to adjust.  

2 comments:

  1. I miss the rain. I moved there because I hate snow.
    I first visited SF in 1964 and it rained there for the whole two weeks I was there.
    It was very easy for me to adjust since I hated snow so much.
    I t is difficult for me to endure the snow here in Colorado.But ,thank God , this has been such an easy winter so far.

    ReplyDelete