Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Sick

 At this moment I have a lousy cold at least.  OTC stuff does not seem to do much but a couple of hours in a sleep stupor.  My dilemma is that I am supposed to go to a funeral Friday in Scottsdale, AZ.  I see my doctor not until Thursday afternoon.  Trying for something sooner today.  Not easy with no cell phone service at monastery.  My dilemma, readers, is this:  the funeral is for someone already dead, a long time friend and I am the preacher.  But what if I get on the plane and sit next to a litle ole lady (wait!  I am 80.  I am a little old man) and give her my germs and she has health issues already.  She gets sick or worse?  Or give all my 80 year old friends at the funeral my germs.  My covid home test says negative.  What do I know.  Everybody will be disappointed if I bail on the funeral, including me.  Suck it up and go?  And maybe next funeral is mine or worse someone else?  Maybe I am being too dramatic.  Feeling OK now in the morning but by night I feel lousy.  Funeral is in the morning.  maybe I only infect people at night

3 comments:

  1. Stay home...you can always Zoom to the family like you do with your sermons, and possibly visit family at another time for a celebration of your friends life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with the above comment, besides there are alot of bad things, but one of the worst is being sick while traveling.

    ReplyDelete