Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Time As A Gift

 How much time do I give to running?  I would say one hour a day.  But in fact I give my body more than that one hour of healthy exercise.  I warm up with stretching and some yoga.  I make sure I wear the correct clothes to factor in the run and the climate.  I stretch and yoga after the run.  Then, during the day I am choosing what to eat and what to avoid.  A little sugar, yes, and a lot of choices in which I say no.  And so on for diet.  In fact then, I give a lot of time to the point of my exercise for health.  It is the same for prayer or recovery.  One does not give only an hour to either of these.  The prayer and meeting is surrounded by good behavior and correct attitude.  Spiritual paths are ongoing through out the day.  I did come across a factory that makes Hostess Twinkies the other day.  I was tempted to stop in and buy a basket full.  Good sugar recovery can press the “no” button.  I did.  

1 comment: