Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Grace Train

The Grace Train is always ready to go. I just need to say a simple "Yes" to get onto it. Say what? I was having dinner with some friends. Out of the blue, so it seemed, one of them asked me to visit an old woman and hear her confession and give her communion. A silent excuse, a resistance, entered my thoughts and heart. "I am so busy with other things, plans, burdens" goes the thought. But I say, "Yes."
I am on the grace train now. Just go along with it. The next day, I call the woman. Her caretaker answers the phone. "Come right now," will be fine. The woman I visited was going to be 99 years old the next day. The sacraments of confession and communion were a nice birthday gift for her. She was so happy to see me. She was so glad to receive these sacraments. She made my day. That is the Grace Train. What a wonderful ride comes from a simple "Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment