Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Self-Will Run Riot

Many people tell me that they would love to have a sense of the presence of God in their daily life. I have this sense of the Presence. My problem is not that I lose it from time to time, but that I drop it, ignore it, abandon God for the sake of my own momentary pleasure.

Someone begins to gossip with a judgment about another person thrown in the mix. A nudge tells me to walk away right now. I ignore that nudge, which really is Grace pointing me in the correct direction. I abandon Grace, God's Life, and jump into the gossip because it makes me feel a momentary pleasure. Sin gives me a self-seeking consolation.

This is crazy which is why it is called the Will run to riot. What is your weak point or pleasure place?

No comments:

Post a Comment