Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stuff

I am packing up today to leave the monastery and return to Boulder. I look around. "I have too much stuff!" But it seems that I used most all of this stuff this summer. That means I am a person who uses a lot of stuff. I need a new lifestyle, one that requires less stuff. I read all the books I brought with me, plus some from the library. My car will be filled to overflowing.

My prayer is that I can do with less stuff. Learn to live lean. Prepare for the life after this one in which I won't need so much stuff. Pray more and carry less. It it time to give stuff away to those who don't have stuff, or are still into collecting. We will see, won't we?

2 comments:

  1. Welccome back to Boulder. We hope you will continue your daily writings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a car full is pretty lean in America...of course you don't own or move the furniture you use in each place but many of us are stuck to way more stuff than we could cram in a car! Worthy goals, well said, but you still get a pat on the back from this reader!

    ReplyDelete