Saturday, August 27, 2011

Talent

We all have different gifts. So why compare and contrast ourselves with others? Be the best I can be with what I have, or at least enjoy my gifts, and not pine for what I am not or don't have.

Today, I will join some friends for a run. We will chat and visit in the parking lot before we begin the run. Then we will all start out together. We spread out into different smaller groups depending on our talent and fitness for running. I may end up running alone behind everyone else. So what? Enjoy the run with the talent I have, and don't fret about not being "as good as" or as fast as someone else. That would take away from enjoying the run at the pace of my talent.

Can you enjoy your gifts? Must you fret that you are not someone else? God loves me as I run alone in the back of the pack. Is that not enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment