Thursday, August 25, 2011

Old and New

I just returned to Boulder and my room has been so completely revamped, modernized, updated, whatever you might call it, that it does not even seem to be my room. It is the same space in which I had been living, but what is in the space is changed. It is a new space in my old place.

My spiritual life during this summer is like the changes in my room. God does not change, but I get changed. I am the same person, but yet shifted within. How? I stayed with the prayer of the heart all summer. I was being moved around, changed by God, and I only lately begin to see some of it.

I am less stressed by change. MY room is not so easy to move "back" into, because it is not the same room with the same cubby holes for my junk, the same places to put things. Places and spaces are gone or shifted. It has given me a great opportunity to change how I live in this space. I see opportunity and say "Ah hah!" rather than see change and say bad words, along with bad behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment