Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Don Bosco

Our dog, Don Bosco, sits in my chair in the house chapel. He spends more time there than I do. It would be nice if he could pray in my place, sit in for me, if you will. Alas, one can pray for another but not in another's place.

People are praying for me I am sure. But their prayers will not transform me. It is good to have others praying for me. It gives me a sense of the Mystical Body of Christ at prayer. I feel support, loved and cared for. Yet, only my own prayers will change my heart and bring me closer to God. I must have my own intimate conversation and private time with God, to be changed. When I pray one on one with God, I recognize my own shortcomings that others may not see, or at least I hope they do not see! It is in seeing my faults, that I can experience God's mercy, forgiveness and love in spite of me. Jesus did not come to save me because I was a good guy who deserved it. He came in spite of my sins. Are you relying only on second-hand prayers today?

No comments:

Post a Comment