Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Fan

I had a new ceiling fan put into my room this summer. I found myself coughing a lot in my room. Today I decided to look at the top side of each fan spoke. Sure enough, each top was caked with dirt from construction and what knows else. I took a wet rag and cleaned the whole fan. It was a mess. The bottom spokes were very nice and clean. But what you could not see, had been neglected. Maybe I will breathe better now!

The soul is something you cannot see. The body may look clean and presentable. We do seem to spend time on on bodies, do we not? But the unseen soul needs attention lest it becomes a mess and inhibits our ability to breathe in Eternal Life. Prayer can at times be like a wet rag applied to the soul. Time for some soul cleaning today?

No comments:

Post a Comment