Friday, September 16, 2011

Prayer Space

Personally, I find it easier to pray where the surroundings are quiet and still, no background noise. Our dog, Don Bosco, sits on my lap when I pray. I think he likes the chair I sit in, so I don't take it personal. He is quiet and seems to be dozing. He is very conducive to stillness and quiet. I think we feed off of one another. There is a depth of interior silence that I seem to reach in this environment, more than say on a bus or some busier, place with more background noise.

If you have no really quiet and still space, well then, just do the best that you can. God will adjust. Maybe down the road, when your life gets less noisy, the children grow up, or you go live in the country, you will have that more quiet time. God is everywhere, but some environments make it a bit easier to sink into the Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment