Friday, September 30, 2011

A Convenient Time

Today, I am to give a talk at an International Convention of Contemplative Outreach in the San Francisco Bay Area. The talk is to take place from 3:30PM to 5:00PM after everyone has spent a good deal of the day at other events. What a dreadful time to attract listeners! Plus, I am one of four talks taking place at the same time in various venues of the convention.

"Who will come?" I ask myself. People are tired. They have three other choices for talks. The topic is "Aging." The thought came that the ones who are interested will be there. So be it. Then I thought about God. For God, there is never a bad time to pay attention to me, to listen to me. No matter how many other people are wanting God's time and attention at that very moment, God is still waiting to listen to me. God is always interested in me. I am never too boring for God. Billions and billions of people in this world, and God will always show up for me. Comforting, huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment