Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Positive Thoughts

I was coming back to Boulder from LA. I had a nagging cough and cold. I realized negative thoughts were trying to take up all the space in my psyche. There were thought of the worst possible day I could have, but with no basis in reality. Flying weather was good. The plane was on time. It was not full. My cough settled down enough for the ride not to embarrass me.

I decided this thinking was silly. I would now think positive thoughts, happy thoughts such as the wonderful visit I had with my sister and her family. My mood brightened. The trip and the day became much more pleasant.

When I got to Boulder, I realized that in this rectory, I was going to be the only priest working this week. I could get upset, but I would still be the only priest working this week in the parish. Nothing would change but my mood. why be miserable? It effects nothing. So I just take it one day at a time. My cold is less bothersome when I think happier thoughts. So, are you miserable now? Will it change the outside world at all? Let us not punish ourselves for things that are not our fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment