Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Limitations

I have "walking pneumonia" as we say in layperson speak. Chest xray shows it. So onto another medication for about two weeks! I travel in the next two weeks. So I am sick, but I don't have to be miserable about it, unless something makes me feel miserable. I rest and drink water. I do what I can do. We all have limitations. I will live with mine. I am not infectious to anyone else.

I think when I focus on being sick, I begin to worry and go into a "poor me" attitude. Then I feel worse! So I try and enjoy the day, and do what work I can do. At least now I know why my voice is "congestive" as we say. I am not an invalid. I think that a positive attitude toward a limitation helps in the healing and makes one a better person to be around for others. God had limitations when the Divine became human. God is teaching me something in this.

2 comments:

  1. Will keep you in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom set a good example for us. She never complained. She just went about doing her business which was usually thinking about others before she thought of herself. She lived a full live, and as you ssid, one filled with grace.

    ReplyDelete